Monday, November 17, 2014

No One is Good Enough [Mom Confessions]

I'm freakin' emotional! I was literally banned from watching the news my whole pregnancy cause I would cry to my boyfriend about any and everything! Postpartum the emotion hasn't gone away. And sensitivity has brought it's friend paranoia along for the ride! 

The news literally makes me feel like I may go crazy. Especially because something bad is always happening... somewhere... to someones child. Technically I guess everyone is someones child but I really mean babies. Yesterday I read about a man who shook his two year old stepdaughter to the point she was limp which cause irreversible brain damage. The little girl is now on life support and her family is preparing to take her off. 2 years old! And I've seen similar stories about family members harming/killing young children.

These are people that you least expect to harm your child. This woman trusted that man enough to marry him and to leave her daughter alone with him and he's taken away something he can never give back to her. In less than a minute anything can go south and I am terrified of leaving my child with anyone!! More so because I get. My baby is 3 weeks old and he is a SCREAMER. There's no crying lol.. He only has one volume. It takes about 30 seconds before I'm clenching my teeth myself so I understand how someone else could be frustrated hearing it. But it's never crossed my mind to shake him.. Or cover his face to stop the crying/decrease the noise... Or hit him out of annoyance. And these are all things you see via the news or social media.

 Do I have to go back to work?! There's gotta be another solution... Figuring it out...

Xoxo,
Tanay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you and I respond to every comment! Please make sure you're not a "no reply" blogger so you receive my responses! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...