Monday, July 14, 2014

#TrueLife: I have a big (but not really big) family



I am getting an instant migraine just thinking about it. With only about 17 weeks (God I hope!) until BabyLove is here, things are starting to move super fast. Naturally, people keep asking about the words I'm beginning to dread hearing. I feel like if one more person asks me about a baby shower I'm going to burst into tears at this point. 

And you would think this onslaught of waterworks would be due to the fact that I'm not going to have one. But nope, the problem is everyone wants to have one, and everyone wants to do their own thing. "Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians" in my dad's words LOL. Logic for me says one baby shower. Even though my boyfriend and I are not married, both his and my family are our son's family. I don't view my baby as having separate families. In my head when I think about my family I don't separate them by where they are or which parent they came from they're all my family. 

And getting some people to understand that logic for some reason just isn't happening. I live with my grandmother, my mother lives with her husband, my dad lives separately also... that's 3 different "families" on my side alone and that doesn't even include my boyfriends side. I just don't think it's logical to want separation because that's definitely not how the baby is going to grow up. 

I hate hurting people's feelings but we all need to get it together, or someone is going to lose out. And it won't be me of course because well... he's mine! LOL.

xoxo,
Tanay

2 comments:

  1. Naturally, any woman would see all of her child 's family as one. Hopefully it all works out though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you and I respond to every comment! Please make sure you're not a "no reply" blogger so you receive my responses! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...